With digital X-rays and an in-house laboratory we are equipped to make fast, accurate veterinary care decisions without waiting for test results to come from other locations.
Combining this with our electronic records system, we can transfer test results throughout the clinic and out to specialists or other vet clinics as necessary.
In House Laboratory
We are pleased to offer our patients with ease and benefits of our in-house laboratory.
Having this convenience allows our veterinarians to run diagnostic procedures during your appointment for same day results and peace of mind.
La Maison des Chats is equipped to perform the following:
- CBC (Complete Blood Counts)
- Blood chemistry panels to evaluate internal organ function.
- Fecal exam and testing for intestinal parasites.
- Parvovirus testing.
- Heartworm detection.
- Electrolyte evaluation.
- Cytology of skin and ear samples.
- Feline Leukemia and Feline Immunodeficiency Virus testing.
Our core vaccinations do not include Feline Leukemia Virus but we do recommend it.
Sometimes your vet may suggest an ultrasound for further diagnostics. We are able to provide this procedure in-house at our clinic for your cats comfort and convenience.
Some common reasons for ultrasound of your cats abdomen include:
- Unexplained weight loss.
- Lack of appetite (anorexia).
- Fluid detected in the abdomen.
- A mass or abnormality found during a physical.
- Unexplained vomiting or diarrhea.
- Abnormal bloodwork or X-rays.
- ADR (ain’t doin’ right)